Dear Colleagues, Friends of APLAR, and Visitors,
APLAR aims to improve standards of clinical practice, teaching, and research in rheumatology across Asia Pacific. We are recognising the long-term efforts and dedication of centers in the region with a similar goal for excellence in the field. The certification programme we have initiated will award leading centers in Asia Pacific as Centers of Excellence based on three pillars (research, clinical practice, academia), pre-defined by a list of criteria set by APLAR.
We hope the centers in the region with an excellent track record in any of these pillars will participate in this programme as our goal is to establish reference centers that are best in class models for practice, teaching, and research in rheumatology. We believe this will enhance and enrich the ‘best in class’ experience for our trainees involved in the APLAR Fellowship programme. Further, this will also help us build a strong network of reference centers for collaborations and consultation within and among countries in the region.
An Evaluation Committee has been convened. This committee will review all submissions received by Monday, July 24, 2017 and select 3 – 5 centers to be designated as Centers of Excellence; the title can be held for a period of 3 years.
Click the links below to access information on this Certification programme:
Do you practice in a center which would be considered best in class in clinical practice, teaching, or research in Rheumatology? Click on this link to apply now.
Stay tuned for the results, which will be published on this website, following the official announcement during the APLAR Conference this October.
2016 APLAR Centers of Excellence
- Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
- Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, Peking University People’s Hospital, Center of Clinical Immunology, Peking University
- Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital (SNUH)
- Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, The University of Hong Kong
- The Catholic Center for Rheumatic Diseases, Seoul St. Mary’s Hospital
Looking forward to recognising all the excellent work around the region.
Professor Lai-Shan Tam
APLAR Centers of Excellence Steering Committee